Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Memoirs #3

Hello Everyone.

LATE TEENS EARLY 20'S: (17-22)
* some names are changed to protect privacy*

In late Oct 2005 I met a fantastic guy online...Steve. (Pillow Talk. an app on our phones). I remember we only got a few minutes to talk so we exchanged numbers straight away. I never in my life imagined he would ring me at all, but not even 10 minutes after we had finished talking online. To my shock. HE RANG!!

This guy used to live in Melourne. (funny since how I always saw Melb as my second home since I seemed to always be there for operations)

We used to talk every night after dinner, our conversations would last from 10mins to 4hrs...LOL. The second night he rang i remember he said "I need to go to toilet; here talk to my parents". "i was like wtf?...ok". So for about 5 mintues I talked to 'mum and Dad'. Yep I called them that straight out of the bat!. I hadn't even seen a picture of this guy yet lol. We always talked about getting married and have 3. Yep THREE kids together.

He came over nearly every Saturday to see me. I remember our first "meeting". Mum and I drove up to the airport...Thanks mum!. He looked at me said "hi Amanda nice to see you", then patted me on the head (oh I forgot to mention he's 6'1 LOL. It was pouring with rain, still at least he was here and he was real.

I remember another if our conversations real well. It went something like this..... he rang me and said "guess what?... I'm moving over to Tassie". I nearly fell over! Mid 2006 he moved all of his things into a house "we" had rented. I was still doing my business course and he wanted to live by himself for a while first. I did spend ever weekend there though :P after about 2 months I moved in full time. We went over to Melbourne a few times to see family and friends.

In March 31st 2007 we got engaged. Almost a 12 months later on April 19th 2008 we got married. All our family and friends were there. It was such a fantastic day!!! My in-laws were staying with us for a few days after the wedding. So we decided to go on our honeymoon the weekend AFTER our wedding. Oh wow was that place beautiful (I WILL edit this with pics).

Little did we know that the universe (I don't believe in god). had planned for us to be a bigger family staright away... hehe our first night together as man and wife was the same night I fell pregnant.

All looked great with the baby growing in my tiny little belly (I'm 4'9 and I'm confined to a chair...bub didnt have much room to grow). I I had the worst pregnancy on record I think. I was diagnosed at 16 week in the ER with Hyperemisis.

[WIKIPEDIA.ORG] HG is a severe form of morning sickness, with "unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids." HG is considered a rare complication of pregnancy but, because nausea and vomiting during pregnancy exist on a continuum, there is often not a good diagnosis between common morning sickness and hyperemesis. Estimates of the percentage of pregnant women afflicted range from 0.3% to 2.0%. I was so glad when the ER told me this... It meant I finally had a name for what was happening to me during my pregnancy, I would liturally vomit upto 50 times a day (sometimes more).

The doctors planned on giving my an C-section at around 35 weeks. But our daughter had other plans... 7 months later (11 weeks before my due date) we had a baby girl (who was very healthy!) in Nov 2008. - see "Hailee's Birth Story".

No comments:

Post a Comment